Skin Deep – June 2011
Welcome to ‘Skin Deep’ – This month’s feature looks at ‘Top 10 Treatments for Summer’. Any questions, just ask Dr. Angie Winnington-Sharp – www.cheshireskinclinic.com firstname.lastname@example.org or 01925 263660 & 07967 481594. Next month we’ll be looking at ‘state-of-the-art VPL/laser system, new for 2011’.
With summer apparently on it’s way, this is the time of year that people want to look their best, wear less and show more skin, so we’re looking at the 10 most popular ways that people are maximising their appearance without surgery but with staggeringly fantastic results, let’s count down from 10 to 1:
10. Sports injury treatments – typically getting rid of that tennis elbow or stiff neck to get back on the courts or maximise your performance.
9. Open pores and black-head treatments – clean up the skin to give a fresh, clear appearance.
8. Collagen stimulation – give yourself a natural boost by stimulating your own collagen to give a youthful, firm appearance.
7. Acne and acne scarring – get rid of long-lasting bacteria, even-up skin tone and create smooth, blemish-free skin on the face and body (this can be done with laser and/or chemical peels).
6. Pigmentation removal – eliminate unwanted freckles, even out patches of melasma (commonly called the ‘mask of pregnancy’, induced by the pill or pre/post-pregnancy) or other areas of sun-damaged skin.
5. Thread vein removal – target cherry spots/angiomas, thread veins and rosacea so there is no need to wear layers of make-up to cover up embarrassing ‘flushing’ and redness.
4. Non-surgical face lifts – using radio-frequency to target wrinkles, fine lines, eye-bags and slack jowls for a lifted, firmer outlook.
3. Micro-roller facials – creates micro-channels to enable deep infusion of targeted products into the skin.
2. Hair removal – the all time ‘number one’ has been knocked off top spot for the first time, but still massively popular to get rid of unwanted hair from the face on body, for women and increasingly, for men too.
1. Cellulite and stretch marks – revolutionary techniques are the ‘en vogue’ treatment of the season – say goodbye to saggy, lumpy skin and hello to firm and toned, hurray!